my favorite strawberry mojito


This is one of my most favorite summer cocktails - I don't drink all that often but when I have fresh mint on hand I love a mojito and the addition of strawberries really makes it a sweet treat. I am positive this is probably not the "proper way" to make one but it always works for me so I thought I would share. :)


Strawberry Mojito (serves one)

8-10 mint leaves
2 strawberries
1/2 of a lime
1/4 cup of white rum
2 T sugar
club soda

Cut the lime into two wedges, add one wedge to a glass along with the mint leaves and muddle to release the oils. I use the back of a wooden spoon because I don't have a real muddler :).
Add the sugar and another lime wedge along with the strawberries and muddle again really good.
Fill the glass with ice and pour in the rum. Top off with club soda and give it a good stir.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I planted mint this year specifically for this purpose..can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! I love mint!


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...