♥ a long piece of fabric or vintage sheet cut 5" wide and as long as you can make it. Mine was 54" long.
♥ some large wood or plastic beads. I had these lucite beads on hand since I have an insane amount of jewelry making supplies around here but you can buy cheap bags of wood beads at the craft store.
♥ scissors and a sewing machine
1. Cut a strip of fabric 5" wide by roughly 54" long. sew it together with right sides facing and then flip it right side out and form a long tube.
2. Measure about 13" from one end and then tie the tube into a knot.
3. Slip your first bead into the tube and then tie another knot right after the bead.
4. Continue adding beads and knots until you have about the same length as the first side of your tube left. Finish with a knot.
5. Now cut each end of the tube into three equal strips - feel free to snip and then tear it, it doesn't have to be perfect.
6. Braid each side and then sew the ends together with a sewing machine. I didn't really bother making the back look nice since it is essentially a toy for my daughter but if you wanted to make one as a gift or simply for yourself I would suggest a button on one end and a tiny piece of elastic made into a loop on the other for a simple button closure.
Alright everyone I will be back later with the winners of last weeks giveaway. If you haven't entered yet there is still time I've decided to leave the comments open until 5pm - this is the last day of voting over on circle of moms and if you would consider a last minute thumbs up vote for me today I would be so very grateful. You guys have been so kind and supportive thank you all! If you vote again or have already today make sure to sign your name again HERE for another chance to win!
Have a wonderful Monday friends! xo