when I was a girl

I thought I would do a little re-posting today since I am still sick - I'll post a few goodies from my old blog, Orangepoppy over the next few days. This one originally from May 7, 2009..

♥ when I was a girl ♥

♥ I hated my hair and would pray each night that God would make my curls straight

♥ was terribly skinny

♥ could wrap both legs behind my neck at the same time

♥ use to fake coughing fits when my Mom would make eggplant and convinced her that I was allergic 

♥ would let my sister lip sync in the mirror while I sang from the closet

♥ loved to sing..sing sing sing..

♥ would record songs I'd written and hide the tapes under my bed

♥ would call a boy I liked and hang up after he answered (we dated senior year)

♥ begged my Mom for one of those Popples until she gave in

♥ won a bunny from our school librarian, it was a little black runt that I named Rudy after the youngest girl on the Cosby Show

♥ wore out two of the same Amy Grant tape

♥ loved Debbie Gibson and HAD to have a black hat like she use to wear

♥ burned off my cousin's bangs with a curling iron

♥ was ring bearer in both my parents second wedding, my sister got to be the flower girl {not that I'm still jealous or anything :)}

♥ would decorate the tent when we went camping

♥ loved it when my Mom let us stay home for an R&R day

♥ wanted to be a Mom someday when I was old which I thought was 25..ha ha, I did become a Mom at 26!

Mr. Gough's favorite picture of me as a girl he says I've 'still got em' about my legs :)

 So what about you, what were you like as a kid? Maybe consider doing a similar post on your own blog today and link up in the comment section I would love to see! I might have to do another installment myself! xo

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I am going to do this on my blog soon! Thanks for the inspiration! I will link you when I do it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh good I can't wait to read it!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...you were and ARE gorgeous!!

    april
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny... Thanks for sharing...I can relate to many of those...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love knowing a little bit more about you and your past. It's fun thinking about younger me so I'll have to do one of these soon and link back to you when I do! :)

    P.S. You had gorgeous curls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! i'm gonna do this soon!!! :) btw, i love that wallpaper in that picture!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...