fro-yo with my first born


I had a rare afternoon to pick up my oldest from School all by myself. I waited right outside his classroom and when he spotted me he got a big grin and grabbed my hand. I thought to myself how I don't really know how much longer he will hold my hand in front of a school full of kids so I squeezed a little bit tighter and asked him all about his day. I suggested we stop for frozen yogurt after running a few errands and he was thrilled and full of conversation.

We talked about family traditions, hoping to save up enough money to afford a membership at the YMCA, his other front tooth that is about to fall out (he has yet to put that first one under his pillow for the tooth fairy, insisting on keeping it :)) and his cousins of course. It was such a huge blessing to find this sliver of time, as a Mom of four it is so hard to fit in quality one on one time with each one of my babes and I could tell he needed it and so did I. Love you Simon Hayes but quit growing up so fast...three more months until you're seven, how is that even possible?! xoxo

11 comments:

  1. what a doll. and the froyo looks delish!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! This looks like such a fun date! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I was sort of thinking we needed a repeat tomorrow night with uncle dan and aunt claire :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. precious time ! great pictures !
    looks so yummy !
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got choked up when you said you squeezed his hand tighter, not knowing how much longer he'd want to hold your hand. I'm so glad you got this time with him today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too when it happened I had to hide my tears and I literally took a moment to feel his little warm hand in mine...oh it just goes so fast!

      Delete
  5. Miam!! I have to try this yogurt!! http://www.aureliabphotographie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter FINALLY lost her 2nd front tooth ~ after it hung on for over 2 weeks!! She looks so sweet....and talks so funny now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, what an incredibly sweet afternoon. it makes my heart ache in the best way--considering that precious time of connection and also knowing deeply how fast these kids are growing. love these great photos of your time and your reflections, dear sister! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got choked up reading that you and Rachel got choked up...and I'm not poking fun, I really did :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, if you need an introductory fee at the Y waived, I have a coupon you can have! It expires in October, so you have time... and we'd love to see you there, too! I think the fee is something like $120 - but waived with the coupon. Let me know! We try to do a family swim night once a week - I'm sure your family would LOVE weekly swim dates, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...