almond flavored cold brew coffee


Cold brew coffee is one of my favorite ways to drink my daily cup when the season changes a bit and iced coffee starts to sound good in the afternoon. I have made this many times but usually use vanilla and cinnamon along with the brown sugar and coarse grounds but this time I decided to try a little almond extract instead. I really loved the subtle almond flavor with a bit of soy creamer over ice.

Cold brewed coffee is simple and inexpensive if you have never done it before all you need is a small pitcher but I prefer to use my french press so that I don't have to strain out the grounds with a fine sieve or paper towel. But either way it's super yummy and fun!

Almond flavored cold brew coffee:

3/4 cup of coarse coffee grounds
3 Tbs brown sugar
2 teaspoons almond extract
a sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
3 or 4 cups of cold water. 
I just fill my french press but if you use a pitcher I think 3 to 4 cups should be good.


Pour everything into your french press and mix then let sit in your fridge over night. When ready strain out the grounds and enjoy the coffee concentrate over ice with a bit of your favorite creamer.

enjoy!

HERE is a more extensive article on cold brew methods in case you like a little more info.

24 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I'd love a cup right now, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your glass in the last photo. Is it vintage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sherry it's actually from Anthropologie from a few years ago the three I have are favorites!

      Delete
  3. I ran out of coffee on Tuesday and I don't grocery shop until Friday. So I am drooling over this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I love vanilla iced coffee, but have yet to try almond - sounds delicious!

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! This looks delish! I'm a huge iced coffee drinker so I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmm -- when it warms up i'm going to have to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this recipe! I can't wait to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful! I love the pretty glass you are drinking from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing! Love the beautiful glass! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are on a roll with these posts this week! try not to spoil us ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so delish! Love this post and that glass is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so yummy...it reminds me of sitting on your deck and soaking up the sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sent this recipe to my husband yesterday and he made it for me for this morning! We didn't have almond extract so he used vanilla, but it is still as delicious as it sounds!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I've been meaning to try cold brewing for a while. You might have just given me that 'push' I needed!

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why have I been making regular brewed iced coffee? I would love any of these flavors. Thanks for the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I just found your blog and became your newest followers! You have so many wonderful ideas here. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

    Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I am obsessed with your glass in this picture! Where can I find one?! and the little birdie on the lemon (??) is pretty cute too!

    :)
    Ahren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahren - the glass and the sugar bowl with the bird on it are both from Anthropologie - I have the glasses in a few different colors but they were from a few years back :) I hope you have a great day!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Maybe this summer they will have some more colorful ones than they have now!

      Delete
    3. I love these too but am having trouble finding them...did they have a specific name? I did find the 'Grapefruit Sugar Bowl' yay...my daughter is going to love it!

      Delete
  18. I make a french press worth of coffee every morning. I have a cup and save just enough for an afternoon ice-coffee pick me up. This recipe is just what I needed to update this routine a bit. The almond extract and hint of cinnamon really put it over the top! Thanks for sharing this- and for feeding my caffeine fix!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I made this last night in my French Press and had it today and it was amazing!!! I used Vanilla but I'm excited to try the almond.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...