beaded heart necklace


I have a little jewelry tutorial to share with you today it's a sweet, simple (don't feel intimidated if you are new to jewelry making it is simple) and fun addition to any outfit during this valentines month that gets us all in the mood for sweethearts and chocolate...a beaded heart necklace.


Supplies:

seed beads in three colors
head pins
wire
jump rings
chain
jewelry tools including round nose pliers and flush cutters

and if you are new to jewelry making familiarize yourself with wire wrapping HERE as you will need to know how to do this.



Simply follow the pattern below and slip the beads onto the headpins.


Wire wrapping at the tops of each row.


When all of your rows of beads are assembled cut a long piece of wire (I used 20 gauge for this) and wire wrap one end then slip the rows of beads on in order with a white bead in between each row and close the opposite end with another wire wrap.


Add some chain with jump rings and viola your done!

Pattern:

row one: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 9 white
row two: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 4 white, 2 pink, 4 white
row three: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 4 white, 4 pink, 3 white
row four: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 4 white, 5 pink, 3 white
row five: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, three white, five pink, five white
row six: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 4 white, 5 pink, 3 white
row seven: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 4 white, 4 pink, 3 white
row eight: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 4 white, 2 pink, 4 white
row nine: 1 black, 2 white, 2 black, 9 white

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

25 comments:

  1. Super cute! What a great idea-- I love that you included the black; it makes it a little more tough and wearable even when it's not Valentine's! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks your so sweet - and I agree I am loving all the hearts right now and can totally see myself wearing this well into spring!

      Delete
  2. ok this is CUTE

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! so darn cute, I'm checking to see if I have all the materials right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Great instructions especially for gals like me who find beading a little intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jewelry making is so addicting once you get a few of the basics down!! :)

      Delete
  5. I love this necklace!! Hope everyone is feeling better!!! xxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxoxo..I was wishing you were here to model the necklace for me :) miss you!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay I just made one in a different colours, thanks for the DIY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you did?? I want pictures!!! so fun I am so excited that it worked for you!!!

      Delete
    2. I posted the pictures on my blog! tarinobambino@blogspot.com :)

      Delete
  8. I want to see this on! Where is Claire when you need her? ;) cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable! Your instructions were great- even I a non-jewlery maker can go at it with confidence! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tfs! What size head pins did you use? And what size seed beads? I made one but it is wonky! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so lovely! I'll have to bookmark this, and make one soon! :)

    -Marry
    from http://ourdailyescapades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi :)
    Looove this tutorial, I def. want to try this out!
    Thanks for sharing this tutorial!
    Nice blog and cute baby lol @ the post of XOXO, it made me giggle ♥ :)

    -Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OBSESSED with this necklace!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Devon - Ebb And Flow

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. soo cute :X:X i will definitely try it. Thank you, i really like your tutorials !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you don't mind but i pinned on my pinterest account. This is the link: http://pinterest.com/butterflytimi/. Btw, i finally made it for myslelf but a little different :P
    Thank you and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! And it looks relatively easy to make too!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice idea! :)
    xoxo

    p-and-p-style.blogspot.com - Check this DIY-Fashion blog out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...