snowmaggedon 2012 :)

(I was so hoping to get to use that title :)) We did end up getting a wonderful dose of snow over this past week and I have been cozy at home with my whole family enjoying the little pause to life that snow around here brings.

Our city is not use to this kind of weather, we have few snow plows and lots of treacherous hills and so when snow and ice hit us we all like to stay put if we can. It felt like such a deep blessing to be able to enjoy the beauty and wonder of white this winter and although thousands are still without power and the meltdown is just now beginning I myself was thankful for the snow!






We will be working on thawing out over the weekend and warming up a bit. I haven't left our house since Monday - and it honestly hasn't bothered me at all (perk of being an extreme introvert I suppose)! I will be back soon with a tutorial to share, I was able to get a wee bit of crafting in and lots of yummy cooking and baking too. Oh snowy winter how I loved you while you lasted!

Happy Friday friends hope your all cozy and warm!

16 comments:

  1. My sister lives in the Green lake area and is loving the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our church is right at greenlake - one of our favorite parts of the city and huge part of our love story! I am sure it is just gorgeous there this week I hear they got a lot more snow than we did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - as fellow extreme introvert, I also love being snowed in. :-) We've been pretty clear in the NYC area but are looking forward to a bit of snow this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title of the post cracked me up :D Beautiful pictures, I'm enjoying our snow here in BC too! That is a pretty sweet snow fort too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, looks like a lovely time of fun in the snow & staying home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the snow shots, especially the last one with the snowman - looks like a great excuse to stay near home - we finally just got our first rain in months and it is my reason for staying in tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks like so much fun and josie's hat is too cute.
    stay warm!!

    p.s. i emailed you earlier in the week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the tutorial for miss Josie's adorable hat? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny - it totally is :) can you tell where I was inspired? I was to lazy to get out the crochet hooks though..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pictures...glad you have power and are able to "pause" for a few minutes!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have not had our first snow yet! i am dying for it just so I can take cute photos...which my boys won't want to be in, so can I borrow your cuties?

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like so much fun! :)
    love all the photos.
    have a great weekend!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful photos! glad you had a cozy week with your family....

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so fortunate to experience that winter wonderland! :) Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of the pictures are lovely! You have a very beautiful family. We have not got any snow here in SC. :( Which if we do it is rare and we normally only have flurries. Can't wait to see the tutorials. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like the kiddos and hubby all had a great time! Truth be told I was a bit sad to miss all this weather by being in Salt Lake (oh, the irony), I hope we get another little storm before spring sets in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...