a Sip of Summer with Jessi Connolly

Hey ya'll! I'm Jessi from Naptime Diaries. I'm a lover of Jesus, wife to a handsome man, mama to three little ones, etsy shop owner, fan of Rebekah and dancer to all things Beyonce. And I'm SO excited to share a summer sipper with ya'll. 
This summer has been like no other for us.  For the past three years, our family of former southerners has lived in the sweet pacific northwest. Ahhhh, we miss you, Mt. Rainier and 80 degree days. THIS YEAR, we're back on the East Coast permanently, which means more heat (boo) and more family (yay). Our entire family lives within about a three hour range and they've all got farm houses and beach houses and guest rooms galore. So the kids and I have just about gone on tour!
It's been so wonderful to just skip town every few days and explore the southeast with these kiddos, but it's meant an intense decline in productivity:). All the summer projects I had in mind, the endeavors I was going to pursue - they've all fallen by the wayside. My only goal now is to hopefully get the suitcase unpacked before I pack it again.  And a simple smoothie helps me do just that.  I haven't had the time to research that raw food diet, but this will do.  Need to do 612 loads of laundry before we leave tomorrow, smoothies for breakfast! We're out of groceries and only have frozen bananas and peanut butter, HOORAY FOR SMOOTHIES! So here's my encouragement to sip on this sweet smoothie & chill out about the productivity if you can. It's summer, right? Without further ado, I give you: 

unproductive, yet healthy smoothie from heaven 
(serves one)  

1 chopped frozen banana 1 cup of soy or almond milk 2 tablespoons nut butter 1 tablespoon chia seeds or flax seed handful of dark chocolate chips!  blend it and get back in the car for your 4th (or 1st!) impromptu roadtrip!   
Enjoy ya'll! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! I'm just learning about chia seeds but you sold me with the dark chocolate chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the idea, we just made these for lunch and it was a hit. we used 1% milk, pb, bananas and some flaxseed. i will have to remember this for afternoon snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your summer sounds fantastic. I'd much prefer visiting and fun. Shame about that 612 loads of washing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...