how to make a t-shirt flower
Yesterday I showed you how to make this ombré infinity scarf and as promised here is the tutorial to make the matching t-shirt flower embellishment!
your going to need:
t-shirt to cut up
a felt circle
button for the center
a flower template - I made this simple one by hand with some card stock
1. Cut eight flowers using the template out of the t-shirt
2. One at a time fold the flowers in half and then a quarter and dab a little glue inside the corner so it sticks.
3. Glue the petals onto the felt circle four on the bottom and then layer three on top of those four.
4. With the last petal pinch it a bit more and glue it down right in the center.
5. Add the button with your glue or sew it down if you would like.
6. Cut a long strip of fabric and glue that down onto the back of the flower and let it all dry.
The t-shirt flower also looks super cute wrapped around a ponytail or braid! I hope you have fun making these I would love to see photos if you do!