make something monday :: pony silhouette hoodie


I have always loved horses, when I was a little girl I begged my parents for one. I was convinced our backyard was plenty big AND it was fenced so WHY couldn't I have one...

they decorated my room in horses for Christmas, I was only mildly disappointed that I didn't get the real thing..ha ha. I think most girls at some point fall in love with ponies.

Josie had two white hoodies the same size and so I decided to give one of them a little makeover this week. She needed a horsey sweatshirt with ruffles, what can I say ruffles and ponies you really can't go wrong?


for this project I used two coordinating pieces of fabric I believe they are both Heather Bailey but not entirely sure about the green polka dot. I downloaded an image of a horse head that I simply found through googling "horse head" - seriously I googled that. After printing it out on card stock and cutting out the silhouette I got out my trusty wonder under and followed the instructions to make two separate iron on designs. The oval and the horse. I then ironed them both on starting with the oval. This stuff is seriously so cool I could play with wonder under all day! I added the horse head right on top of the oval and then used my sewing machine to stitch around the outside of each shape to reinforce it. Pretty much took me all of like twenty minutes. I had an extra long piece of selvage edge of the pony fabric to I made a tube and gathered it all with a running stitch, pinned it to the hood and sewed it down twice to be sure it was on really well.

she looks pretty darn cute in it don't you think!

13 comments:

  1. super cute! i'm about to whip up a little applique project of my own...and now I can just utilize your instructions to be sure i've done it right ;)

    what a great use for scrap fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what you come up with Jenny, and thank you for your constant kindness and encouragement it means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Rebekah! I'm so amazed! How in the world do you have time to do craft projects with 3 kiddos?! I can't seem to get much done with only 1 - who's definitely not a newborn! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! josie is going to have an amazing treasure trove of lovely things you've made for her, rebekah. so special and sweet, and i know it feeds your soul to do things like this for your family! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! so cute and colorful and she looks adorable in it! i am inspired to try one of my own, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. reading kristen's comment really hit home...can you imagine if you made something for Josie every week?

    you've got to keep every piece of this stuff...she's going to love it so much more as a mama herself one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the "would you like some cheerios and coffee" comment by your 4 year old? PRICELESS! Love it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, how do you find time for all these cute projects?!?! Love it. You amaze me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! And your daughter is a pretty, pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is super adorable!! love it! and your daughter is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so darn cute, i can't stand it! i just discovered wonder under and have been crafting baby onsies like crazy with it!
    ps. also just came across your blog and i love it! can't wait to join in the ten on ten project. i've been doing a photo a day project for awhile and i love the way it challenges you to find beauty everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. im going to do this fun project for my little 10 month baby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...