Friday Pieday // Derby Pie


I had never heard of Derby Pie until just a few weeks ago when I was on the hunt for new exciting ideas for Friday Pieday. As soon as I saw it I was so intrigued, it's basically like a chocolate chip cookie in a pie crust with pecans. My family isn't super big fans of nuts in their baked goods but the recipe was so unique and easy so I figured we could make some substitutions for the nuts.


This one did not disappoint. It was so fast and simple and we basically had everything on hand to make it too which is the best in my opinion. Josie and Zeb were big helpers and we decided to use white chocolate chips along with the dark instead of the nuts…and we figured since we made some adjustments we could change the name too. How's - The Seahawks Are Going to the Superbowl Again Pie…or Championship Pie? :) pretty excited about our Hawks over here guys!


We went with a pre-made crust on this one which made it extra easy and the kids had fun doing most of the work, also I should mention this is a one bowl pie - practically unheard of!!


It turned out pretty perfect, I'd say my little pie maker was quite pleased with herself! The pie literally tastes like a cookie in a pie crust, you can eat it with a fork or with your hands, I am positive a scoop of ice cream would not be bad on it either but we stuck with just the pie this time.


Definitely a score all around on this one - I am sure we will be making it again and again! Happy Friday you guys, I hope you have the sweetest weekend!

Derby Pie or Championship Pie :)

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips (or pecans)
pie crust (we used a pre-made crust)

Mix the melted butter and sugar in a bowl until the sugar melts a bit and then add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

Add the flour and salt and combine well and then stir in the chocolate and white chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

Let cool at least 1-2 hours before serving.

4 comments:

  1. YOUR PIE POSTS ALWAYS KILL ME.
    kill me with deliciousness!
    YERM YEERRRMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome and kid friendly! yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I forgot about derby pie!! My great grandmother used to make this (she had pecan trees out back). i'm gonna have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my kind of pie! Good call subbing out the nuts for mo' chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...