Happy Friday!

So yesterday was weird - blogger was down all day. I am sure if it didn't directly effect your blog you might have noticed post were missing and comments lost around blog-ville. Looks like most everything has been restored but needless to say Andi and I both lost our posts for dinner at eight - sad face...but that's okey dokey we are going to re-group this weekend and post those on Monday instead. Mr. Gough made me a mixed tape and I am going to share it with you!
 Instead today I just have a few pretty pictures of my Grandma Barbs hankie collection. I have often contemplated making them into a real bunting but since she gave them to me just before she passed away to take my scissors to them has not been something I have been able to commit to yet. Maybe someday soon but for now I tied them together and hung them over my window. They remind me of her so much - she always had a pretty hankie tucked up her sleeve no kleenex for her she was way to classy. Oh how I miss my Grandma Barb.
I hope you have a happy weekend - we are going to a wedding so I finally broke down and used the anthropologie gift card I've been hording since Christmas. I bought a new skirt to wear I can't wait! I always love a chance to get dressed up and have some adult conversation. We are also taking the boys on a surprise outing since they have both completed their star charts. Their really big charts and so usually every six or so months they fill em up and then get a big fun outing. Last time we went to the fair this weekend should be pretty great I will share more details next week! What do you have planned for the weekend, anything good?
Whatever you do I hope it is wonderful - xoxo!

7 comments:

  1. Those Hankies are gorgeous!! I was so frustrated with Blogger being down yesterday. Of course that was the day I was trying to get caught up on my blog reading! Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hankies:) And I think the way you tied them together is even cuter than "real" bunting;) Have a fun weekend! I so look forward to your dinner at eight post next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother passed away almost a year ago and back at her home in Michigan I got all of her hankies. She too was a classy lady! Last week I cleaned out my closet and got the box of hankies out to clean and wondered what I'd do with them - far too lovely to put in a drawer. Now I know! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hankies look beautiful and just perfect as they are.

    Zoe x

    http://blessedbeeapothecary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hankies are darling just as they are but if you don't want to cut them, I make hankie buntings by folding them in half (so they make the shape of a triangle) and sewing them into some quilt binding. You are still sewing them but at least you don't have to cut them that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them just tied together. I have a bunch stashed away. I may have to go looking for them and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love them tied rebekah..i hope you don't change a thing about them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...