miss poppy


I admitted on instagram last week that when I see a poppy I just can't help myself, I must whip out my camera and try to capture it's feminine beauty. I don't know what it is about the poppy but they have always been my most favorite flower. I love the papery leaves and the little hairs on it's tiny stem. I plucked this one just this morning and put it in my room so I can enjoy even more. There are a lot of flowers that I really like but miss poppy you have my heart forever… What's your favorite flower?

6 comments:

  1. Daisies! They always make me think they are smiling at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so crazy to me to see the different kinds of flowers and how they're made. Poppies look so much like paper! What are those big puff balls that look like something from Dr. Suess? I've seen them almost my height with skinny stalks and purple puffs, like overgrown dandelions. Those are cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meg- those are Alium, one of my favorites too! And I too love poppies...but i think i'm drawn to the oriental ones...so big and bold and almost alien like before they burst forth with their floral beauty- the salmon/coral ones are my favorite! And I will always have a soft spot for peonies and dahlias...i could go on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love poppies too and had a little nest of them at my previous home. I don't like to think if the new owners cared for them. I'm pretty sure my favorite flower is the peony. Or maybe a nasturtium. Or, I do like the little violas and the bloom on a dogwood tree and a pink echinacea. Oh, rats. I don't think I have a top of the heap favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved tulips and daffodils mainly because they are the first ones to pop up in a Minnesota spring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...