Target hacker


Chris and I did a little Target hacking this past weekend to one of the super popular tin Joy signs that everyone seems to have grabbed lighting fast this year. I liked the brown faux bois pattern but it just wasn't totally me. We thought about spray painting it red or covering it with Christmas fabric but in the end I used some of the Orla Kiely wallpaper scraps we have left over from our old place, and I kind of love the results. I might even leave it up after the holidays!


I had Chris take it apart for me, it took a little brute force and a few of the bulbs went out so if you are planning to do something similar make sure to do one letter at a time. I simply traced the letters, cut them out with scissors and used an exacto knife to create holes for the lights. It's really not perfect but with a little clear Mod Podge it's doing the trick in our living room right now patiently waiting for some more decorations to join it.


I have been slower than usual getting things out this year but enjoying the season nonetheless. Wishing for some snow and soaking in my busy bunch as much as I can. What about you are you all decorated for Christmas already or taking it slow like me? Hope you're having a great week! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. you always make everything look super adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the sweet touch you always add to your decorations! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely ADORABLE!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com
    http://outsidetheboxpapers.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is so much cuter and brighter than the brown one. Great idea!

    -bethsquidly.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...