make something monday :: friendship tea

I remember making this tea when I was younger and packaging it in little bags for my friends and teachers at school. It has such a nostalgic smell and taste that always reminds me of Christmas.

Chris loves it too and remembers having it as a child and so I made up a big batch this year and we have been enjoying it for a few weeks now in the evening by the Christmas tree.

This recipe makes enough to package up for friends and neighbors as a simple and inexpensive gift as well as enjoy yourself!

Friendship Tea:

2 Cups powdered orange drink (such as Tang)
1 Cup powdered lemonade
1/2 Cup unsweetened instant tea
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cloves (heaping)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (heaping)

Pour all of the ingredients in a big tupperware, add the lid and shake it up until mixed well. I usually add about two or three heaping spoonfuls of mix to a big mug of hot water but adjust the amount depending on how sweet you like it!

I hope you all have a wonderful day today - can you believe it's less than two weeks before Christmas?!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! And it would make such great little gifts!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, we do this too. Although we call it Russian Tea. It's so tasty, and is def. Christmas in a cup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! Love how you presented it in the jar as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious how this would taste! Could be a fun gift this year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so cute, and it's great gift or stocking filler for those who don't drink (my grandpa is getting some of this for Christmas for sure!) I love the little jar too... hmm already wondering if I could somehow package it up with some ginger biscuits too

    Sarah x
    http://theaccidentalhoarder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a couple of variations on the friendship tea recipe that you listed:

    Friendship Tea Recipes

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...